Sunday, 3 May 2015

Whainga Ako: write a 300 word essay about what your marae means to you.


Kia ora ko Kyra-leiana toku ingoa
My marae is important because it
means everything to me. Marae has 
always been in my mind.My marae is 
special to me because it is the one 
place where I can meet my 
whanau.Marae are so beautiful and
gorgeous.My marae is important 
because no one can  take it away from 
me. My marae reminds me of people I know that has passed away and people 
I have been missing along long 
time.The marae is like my home but 
old.My marae is the first place that I 
have known ever since I was a 
baby.When I get called into my marae 
I get scared because I dont really know anyone.My marae is important to me because that's where I belong. Ko Puhanga Tohora te maunga,Ko Punakitere te awa,Ko Okorihi te,Ko Ngatokimatawhaorua te waka,Ko
Ngapuhi te iwi,Ko Ngati Ueoneone te 
hapu,Ko Athena raua ko Te Akau Oku 
matua Ko Kyra-leiana toku ingoa.My 
marae is the whare that has been the 
place I would want to live in. My
marae is the whare built for me and 
my whanau that are alive or not. 
Sometimes when I go to a marae the 
people that are there don't know we
are related. My marae is important 
because that's where my tupuna comes 
from and it links me to my 
family. Okorihi is the number one 
marae built for me. At my marae it's 
got the marae then an empty paddock 
and then the cemetery.

Everytime we go to the marae there is always one or two cows out so we go somewhere else. My marae has been burnt down.My marae is the one I 
have known ever since I was born. My 
marae is mine forever.




MY QUOTES!!!
Ka mate te kāinga tahi, ka ora te 
kāinga rua

When one house dies, a second lives
Historically used when two houses or families are merged due to the unfortunate circumstances of one particular family. However this could 
be used when something good emerges 
from misfortune.

Tangata ako ana i te whare, te 
turanga ki te marae, tau ana
A person who is taught at home, will stand collected on the Marae (meeting house grounds)
A child who is given proper values at home and cherished within his family, 
will not only behave well amongs the 
family but also within society and through out his life.

WRITTEN BY KYRA - LEIANA

No comments:

Post a Comment